Forklift Accident Attorneys in Central Jersey
Expert Workers Compensation Lawyers Serving Injured Victims Throughout Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Union County and Beyond
Every year, forklift accidents cause 85 deaths, 34,900 serious injuries and 61,800 minor injuries in the United States, according to OSHA estimates. With approximately 855,900 forklifts operating in the U.S., that means 11 percent of forklifts are likely to be involved in an accident that harms someone every year. Those are not good odds.
Protecting Workers Injured in Forklift Accidents
The attorneys of Lombardi and Lombardi, P.A., have more than 35 years of experience representing New Jersey workers injured in on-the-job accidents, including those involving forklifts. If you or a member of your family was injured in a forklift-related accident, please contact us to arrange a free initial consultation and case evaluation.
Our attorneys can represent you in your workers’ compensation claim. We will also review your case to determine if someone other than your employer was responsible for the accident that injured you. For example, was the accident caused by a subcontractor or by a defect in the forklift itself? If so, you may be eligible to file a third party personal injury claim. A third-party claim allows you to pursue financial compensation for damages, such as pain and suffering, that workers’ compensation does not cover.
Types of Forklift Accidents
The most common types of accidents that cause injury or fatality include:
- Victim struck by forklift
- Victim crushed by forklift
- Victim struck by material falling from a forklift
- Falls from forklift or forklift platform
Common Causes of Forklift Accidents
Following are some of the oversights, behaviors and conditions that can lead to forklift accidents:
- Lack of training or improper training: Operating a forklift is unlike driving any other vehicle. Workers need to be trained before getting behind the controls. If they are observed violating any safety standard, they should be retrained.
- Improper turning: Turning too quickly can cause forklift to tip over sideways, especially if it is not carrying a load.
- Carrying too heavy a load: Overloading can cause a forklift to tip forward.
- Carrying a load too high: Forklifts are more stable when the load is carried close to the ground.
- Insufficient markings and warnings: Forklift zones must be properly marked and warning signs must be installed.
- Improper workplace design: Aisles that are too narrow or cluttered can cause accidents.
- Speeding: Driving a forklift too fast is a major cause of accidents and injuries.
- Standing on the forklift or its load: No one should stand on a forklift to help support the load. Nor should workers use a forklift or an attachment as a raised platform.
- Forklift defects: If the vehicle or components are defective, the manufacturers of the defective part must be held responsible for damages.
- Improper maintenance: Was the horn working? Was the forklift unable to stop because of bad brakes? Cutting corners on maintenance puts workers’ lives at risk.
Our legal team will thoroughly investigate your case and advise you of your legal rights and options. You can rely on Lombardi and Lombardi, P.A., for quality legal representation that gets results. Our law firm has recovered more than $400 million for injured people over the years. We’d like to opportunity to help you, too.
To arrange a free initial consultation, call any of our New Jersey locations or contact us online. From offices in Edison, Brick and Freehold, we represent workers injured in forklift accidents throughout New Jersey.
Our Practice Areas
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Bike/Pedestrian Accidents
- Boating and Recreational Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Causes of Truck Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Highway Accidents
- How New Jersey No-Fault Insurance Works
- Intersection Accidents
- Left Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Worker's Comp
- Medical Malpractice
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Defense
- Employment Law
- Municipal Traffic Violations