Scaffolding and Ladder Accidents Attorneys in Central Jersey
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Injured Victims Throughout Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Union County and Beyond
Working above the ground increases the risk of an accident. The greater the height, the higher the risk of serious injury or fatality. The attorneys of Lombardi and Lombardi, P.A., have more than 35 years of experience representing New Jersey workers injured in falls from ladders and scaffolding. If you or a member of your family was injured in a scaffolding or ladder accident, why not contact us to discuss your case?
Injured In A Scaffolding and Ladder Accident And Have Questions? We Can Help, Tell Us What Happened.
Thousands Harmed in Ladder and Scaffolding Accidents
It’s not just construction workers who are at risk of falls from ladders and scaffolding. Painters, roofers and window washers face the threat of falls. The lives of installation, maintenance and repair workers and others who work above the ground also depend on the safety of the ladders and scaffolding they use to do their work.
Unfortunately, accidents continue to happen. Every year, workers are seriously injured in falls from ladders and scaffolding. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 113 workers died and 15,460 were seriously injured in falls from ladders in 2011. The BLS estimates that more than 60 workers die and 4,500 are injured in scaffolding accidents every year.
Experienced Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
We are experienced workers’ compensation lawyers who can manage your claim and help you obtain the benefits you are entitled to receive. Workers’ comp pays:
- Your medical bills
- A portion of your wages for the time you are unable to work
- Benefits for temporary or permanent disability
Potentially Receive More Than Workers’ Comp
Our lawyers can analyze your case and tell you whether you may be eligible to receive money in addition to your workers’ comp benefits. If someone other than your employer was responsible for the accident that injured you, we may be able to file a third party personal injury claim on your behalf.
A third party claim allows you to receive financial compensation for medical expenses not covered by workers’ comp. It also allows you to be compensated for your pain and suffering and lost future earning capacity, along with other damages.
Common Causes of Ladder Accidents
Injuries and fatalities from ladder accidents can happen in many ways, including:
- Ladder defects
- Lack of proper ladder safety training
- Ladder not braced at the bottom or secured at the top
- Failure to inspect ladder for defects before using
- Lack of proper warning labels on ladders
- Using the wrong type of ladder
- Using a worn or damaged ladder
- Incorrect placement of ladder
- Overloading ladders
- Ladders contacting overhead power lines
Excellent Staff, Pleased With The Results They Got In My Case.
Lombardi & Lombardi Is Professional And Ethical – They Go The Extra Mile.
Extremely Helpful And Friendly
Common Causes of Scaffolding Accidents
There are many different types of scaffolds, each with its own specific risk factors. Most of the following causes of scaffolding accidents are common to all types of scaffolding.
- Scaffolding defects
- Improperly erected scaffolding
- Lack of or inadequate safety training
- Inadequate inspection or inspection by an unqualified person
- Scaffolds not equipped with guardrails, midrails, and toeboards
- Damaged or worn braces, brackets, trusses, screw legs or ladders
- Rope used in suspension scaffolding is worn or exposed to heat-producing sources
- Scaffolds are too close to power lines
If you have been injured or if a member of your family died in an accident involving a fall from a ladder or scaffold, please contact the workplace injury attorneys of Lombardi and Lombardi, P.A. We offer a free initial consultation and case evaluation. From offices in Edison, Brick and Freehold, we represent clients throughout New Jersey.