New Jersey Wrongful Termination Attorneys
New Jersey is an at-will employment state. This means that unless you have an employment contract, your employer can fire you at any time and for almost any reason. However, there are exceptions. Your employer cannot fire you for an illegal reason such as discrimination or in retaliation for exercising a workplace right.
The law firm of Lombardi and Lombardi, P.A. is a proven advocate for workers in all types of employment discrimination litigation, including wrongful termination. Call today for a free case evaluation if you believe your termination was unlawful.
What Is Wrongful Termination?
Termination is considered wrongful if it is done for an illegal reason. Examples include:
- Termination that is based on age, race, sex, national origin, disability or other protected status
- Termination in retaliation for filing a discrimination or sexual harassment claim or for supporting another person’s claim
- Termination for filing a workers’ compensation claim or exercising another right of the workplace
Many wrongful termination cases begin as another type of employment law case such as sexual harassment or discrimination. Rather than deal with the problem, the employer may fire the employee who complains about the harassment or discrimination. In these cases, you may have two claims against your employer: one for the underlying claim and one for retaliatory discharge.
Our firm has served clients in Middlesex County and surrounding areas in New Jersey since 1975, with more than $400 million in verdicts and settlements in a broad range of cases that include employment discrimination. Additionally, attorney Scott Telson brings over 25 years of experience in employment law litigation.
Contact Our Employment Law Lawyers
For a free and confidential consultation, call our New Jersey wrongful termination attorneys or simply fill out our online contact form.
Representing Clients in Toms River, Edison, Brick and Freehold
Our Practice Areas
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Bike/Pedestrian Accidents
- Boating and Recreational Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Causes of Truck Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Highway Accidents
- How New Jersey No-Fault Insurance Works
- Intersection Accidents
- Left Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Truck Accidents
- Uber/Lyft Accidents
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Worker's Comp
- Medical Malpractice
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Defense
- Employment Law
- Municipal Traffic Violations