Personal Injury Lawyers Helping Victims of Nursing Home Falls in Edison, Brick, Freehold, & Throughout NJ
Residents in nursing homes deserve to be treated with dignity. Some nursing home residents are prone to falling, but this does not excuse the nursing home staff from liability for nursing home falls. In fact, the increased likelihood of an elderly patient falling creates a greater duty on the part of nursing homes to care for and prevent injuries to nursing home residents. Nursing homes need to take extra precautions. Employee neglect should not be tolerated.
The Nursing Home Reform Act imposes requirements on nursing homes to provide a certain level of care to residents. Nursing homes must have sufficient staff to provide the necessary level of care for residents. The Nursing Home Reform Act specifically requires nursing homes to conduct an assessment when a resident is first admitted into the nursing home. This assessment should include a plan of care that offers an assessment of the resident’s risk of falling. These assessments and protocols are vital to ensuring the safe care of the nursing home patient.
If a New Jersey nursing home has failed to take steps to prevent you or a loved one from falling suffering an injury, you need to speak with a personal injury lawyer who represents clients in Middlesex, Ocean, and Monmouth counties.
We Hold Nursing Homes Responsible for Your Loved One’s Injuries
An elderly patient who is injured in a fall may never fully recover. The potential injuries resulting from a nursing home fall include a fractured or broken hip, a sprained or broken wrist or ankle, skull fractures and severe bruises. These injuries may result in disability or even death.
There are many potential causes of nursing home abuse, including nursing home falls. Some of the preventable causes of nursing home injuries include:
- Lack of supervision: Elderly people in nursing homes need constant care
- Inadequate staffing: Some nursing homes are understaffed and fail to employ the proper amount of nurses and assistants to ensure the safety of residents
- Insufficient training: Nurses need to be properly trained in how to effectively care for residents
- Negligent hiring tactics: A nursing home has a duty to hire qualified and competent nurses to care for the residents
- Slippery floor: An elderly patient can very easily slip and fall on a wet surface, such as a floor that has recently been mopped or the surface of a bathtub
- Fall out of wheelchair: This can occur when support belts are not properly used
- Nursing home staff ignores a resident’s requests for help: Many times, a resident will fall when rushing to the restroom after nursing home staff ignores their requests for assistance
- Failure to use call buttons or bed alarms: These devices need to be used to alert staff when a resident attempts to move without assistance
- Inadequate equipment: Some residents need to be provided with wheelchairs, walkers, grab bars and support belts
No Recovery, No Fee for Your Toms River NJ Nursing Home Fall Case
A lawsuit can help you obtain justice for the injuries suffered by your loved one. A lawsuit can also help to deter future acts of negligence by the nursing home. You have the power to prevent future injuries to residents in other nursing homes. Legal action can encourage nursing homes to change their protocols and policies.
If someone you love has been injured in a nursing home setting, you need to take steps to ensure that their legal rights are protected. The personal injury attorneys at Lombardi and Lombardi, P.A., can help because we have more than 35 years of experience with nursing home fall cases. We also have offices conveniently located in Brick and Freehold, so we are always available for a convenient in-person appointment. To schedule a free consultation about your case, call us or contact us online.
Our Practice Areas
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Bike/Pedestrian Accidents
- Boating and Recreational Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Causes of Truck Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Highway Accidents
- How New Jersey No-Fault Insurance Works
- Intersection Accidents
- Left Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Truck Accidents
- Uber/Lyft Accidents
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Worker's Comp
- Medical Malpractice
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Defense
- Employment Law
- Municipal Traffic Violations