New Jersey Products Liability Attorneys Help Victims of Accidents Caused by Unintended Acceleration
Driving a car is dangerous enough without having to worry about suddenly losing control of the vehicle. Sometimes, unintended acceleration is unavoidable and it’s not the driver’s fault. Car manufacturers have an obligation to ensure the safety of consumers. Do not allow a car manufacturer to cut corners when it comes to your safety and the safety of your loved ones.
If you or a loved one was injured due to sudden unintended acceleration, you are going to want to speak with an experienced products liability and personal injury lawyer.
Injured In An Accident Caused By Unintended Acceleration And Have Questions? We Can Help, Tell Us What Happened.
What Are the Causes of Sudden Unintended Acceleration?
Auto defects are not as rare as you might think. The simple act of engaging the ignition and putting the car into drive or reverse can result in sudden unintended acceleration. Unintended acceleration, surging, and speed control problems can lead to dangerous collisions. When the gas pedal becomes stuck, the driver may lose control of the car. The car suddenly speeds up even though the driver is not stepping on the gas pedal. The direct causes of sudden unintended acceleration include:
- Defective throttle control system: Defective cruise controls can lead to serious injury if the driver is unable to regain control of the vehicle. Electronic throttle control is a new technology that uses sensors to let the car’s computer know how much air to allow into the throttle.
- Design flaws: Toyota cars manufactured before 2010 did not include a brake override system that would allow drivers to wrest control of the vehicle from the electronic throttle. There could also be design flaws with electronic sensors under the gas pedal.
- Mechanical problems: A faulty steel cable that connects the accelerator pedal to the engine throttle plate could cause unintended acceleration.
- Computer problems: Since electronic throttle control relies on a computer in the car to receive and process information from electronic sensors under the gas pedal, any kind of computer malfunction can potentially lead to unintended acceleration.
- Electrical problems: And sort of general electrical problems can lead to sudden unintended acceleration.
Get Advice From An Experienced Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer. All You Have To Do Is Call 732-564-7165 To Receive Your Free Case Evaluation.
Some examples of the potential injuries caused by the unintended acceleration of a motor vehicle include:
- Neck and back injuries: In extreme cases, the victim could be paralyzed.
- Broken bones: When the victim is thrown into hard surfaces on the interior of the car, they can suffer broken bones, fractures, and strains.
- Brain trauma: A car crash can cause a traumatic blow to the victim’s head.
- Mental anguish: The severe physical pain caused by a car collision can lead to emotional harm and mental anguish.
- Wrongful death: A car accident caused by unintended acceleration can result in fatalities.
Every year, out-of control cars cause devastating injuries to motor vehicle occupants, other motorists, and pedestrians. This problem is particularly widespread among vehicles manufactured by Toyota. Independent safety expert Sean Kane, the president of Safety Research and Strategies, told the LA Times that he has identified nearly 2,000 sudden-acceleration cases for Toyota vehicles built since 2001. As a result of these incidents, Toyota has recalled more than eight million vehicles since 2009.
Paul R Garelick Is An Excellent Attorney. He Made Me Feel Like Family.
Lombardi & Lombardi Provide A Good Service For A Good Value.
Lombardi & Lombardi Is Truthful, Helpful And Very Patient.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Brick, NJ Personal Injury Lawyers
An experienced products liability attorney can thoroughly examine the available evidence in the case to determine the exact cause of your accident. Since many car collisions occur at traffic lights and intersections, there may have been a video camera recording your accident. You want an attorney who will go the distance for you and obtain and review photos of the cars involved in the accident, the accident scene itself, and any visible evidence like tire marks.
The skilled personal injury and products liability attorneys at Lombardi and Lombardi can help you with your sudden unintended acceleration case. We have more than 35 years of experience and a proven track record in courtrooms throughout New Jersey, including Monmouth, Ocean, and Middlesex counties. Our experts will examine the vehicle damage to determine how the accident occurred and who was at fault.
For more information about accidents caused by unintended acceleration, call us today or simply contact us online to schedule a consultation at our Edison, NJ office.