NJ Assault Defense Attorney – Defending Your Rights in Essex, Ocean, Monmouth, & Throughout New Jersey
When a conflict has gotten out of hand and become physical, assault charges are a possibility. Bar fights and domestic violence situations can lead to assault charges being filed. If you are facing simple assault or aggravated assault charges, you need to take the matter very seriously. The consequences for an assault conviction can be much more serious than you may think.
One of the big issues is that it is relatively easy for a conflict to escalate from a simple assault to an aggravated assault. This matters a great deal because aggravated assault is an indictable felony.
- Simple assault — This charge can come about when you knowingly or negligently cause someone else bodily harm or when you put them in apprehension of imminent bodily harm. This is a disorderly person offense, which means that it will be handled at the local municipal court level.
- Aggravated assault — This charge can come about when someone causes more serious bodily harm. If the incident involved indifference to human life and/or the use of a deadly weapon such as a gun or knife, you will likely be looking at enhanced aggravated assault charges. Aggravated assault is charged as a felony, which means that it will be handled in the county superior court.
Municipal Prosecution Experience and Forensic Investigators
At Lombardi and Lombardi, P.A., our attorneys have been offering exceptional criminal defense since 1975. We understand how to mount effective defenses that can help you secure the best possible outcome, whether that is at trial, negotiating an acceptable plea or presenting evidence for a dismissal of charges.
Attorneys Joseph Lombardi and Paul Garelick are prosecutors in Edison Township and South Plainfield, respectively. Their experience as prosecutors gives our firm an insider’s perspective on how to build the best defense for your individual case.
Contact the Toms River Aggravated Assault Defense Lawyers of Lombardi and Lombardi, P.A.
If you are facing simple assault or aggravated assault charges, you need to take steps to ensure that your rights are protected. Let us conduct a thorough investigation of the facts to determine the best strategy for building a highly effective defense. Turn to the experienced Essex County assault defense lawyers of Lombardi and Lombardi, P.A. To schedule your free initial consultation, call or simply contact us online.
Representing Clients in Toms River, Point Pleasant, Brick and Freehold
Our Practice Areas
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Bike/Pedestrian Accidents
- Boating and Recreational Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Causes of Truck Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Highway Accidents
- How New Jersey No-Fault Insurance Works
- Intersection Accidents
- Left Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Truck Accidents
- Uber/Lyft Accidents
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Worker's Comp
- Medical Malpractice
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Defense
- Employment Law
- Municipal Traffic Violations