Elizabeth Personal Injury Lawyers
Elizabeth Personal Injury Lawyers Aggressively Advocate to Protect Accident Victims’ Rights
Personal injury victims have the legal right to claim financial compensation when another person or entity behaved recklessly or negligently and caused an accident. While this is a well-established fact, the accident victim, unfortunately, is the party who is responsible for pursuing and protecting that right to compensation. If you have suffered injuries in an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness, it can be difficult to focus on the financial aspects of your case, especially if those injuries were serious. At Lombardi & Lombardi, P.A., our dedicated Elizabeth personal injury lawyers aggressively advocate protecting accident victims’ rights throughout NJ.
Injured Due To A Negligent Person In Elizabeth And Have Questions? We Can Help, Tell Us What Happened.
We realize that you must first focus on recovering physically from your accident and are here to take on the financial aspects of your recovery. We are here to complete the necessary claims paperwork, gather evidence to support your claim, negotiate with the insurance companies and even prepare your case for trial if necessary to obtain a fair compensation package.
Identifying Whether an Elizabeth-Area Accident May Justify a Personal Injury Claim
Our lawyers handle more than just the courtroom aspects of a personal injury claim and, in fact, can often settle your Elizabeth personal injury case outside of court. We will work to handle every aspect of your personal injury case, and have decades’ worth of experience helping clients recover compensation after sustaining injuries in scenarios involving:
- Vehicle accidents. We are experienced in handling cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents, taxi accidents, Uber or Lyft accidents, pedestrian accidents and more.
- Premises liability cases. Premises liability cases involve slip and fall accidents and other types of injuries caused by a property owner’s negligent failure to properly maintain his or her property.
- Defective products cases. Defective products cases include situations where an injury is caused by a defectively made or designed consumer product, or cases where the manufacturer or designer failed to include proper warnings with the product.
- Animal bites or attacks. Animal owners have a duty to keep others safe from potential dangers posed by a dog bite or other types of animal attacks, which can cause serious injuries.
- Workplace accidents. Construction sites and other types of work sites are often the scene of accidents that can be caused in any number of ways, including by failure to follow proper safety protocol.
Get Advice From An Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer. All You Have To Do Is Call 732-564-7165 To Receive Your Free Case Evaluation.
Results-Oriented Injury Lawyers Fight to Establish Clients’ Right to Compensation in Elizabeth, NJ Personal Injury Cases
The basic premise behind any personal injury claim, whether in the courtroom or elsewhere, is that a third party (which can include individuals or companies) was negligent and caused the accident which, in turn, caused you to suffer physical harm. Several essential elements must necessarily be established in every personal injury case, including:
- Negligence. Establishing negligence requires showing that the party that caused the accident deviated from the acceptable standard of care—generally, a “reasonable person” standard that requires examining how a reasonable person would have behaved under the circumstances to prevent the accident from happening.
- Causation. This element requires establishing a causal link between the defendant’s actions and your injuries—in other words, a showing that you were injured because of the other party’s careless actions.
- Damages. We will also fight to show how you suffered as a result of the accident—both financially, in the form of the cost of medical treatment for your injuries, and from a more subjective standpoint that involves looking to how the injuries impacted your life.
Excellent Staff, Pleased With The Results They Got In My Case.
Lombardi & Lombardi Is Professional And Ethical – They Go The Extra Mile.
Extremely Helpful And Friendly
Contact Our Offices to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation to Discuss Your Elizabeth, New Jersey Accident and Injuries Today
If you have sustained injuries in an accident in Elizabeth or elsewhere in Union County, New Jersey, schedule a free initial consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers so that we can evaluate potential options for recovering the compensation you need in order to recover. You can either call our offices or fill out this secure online contact form and one of us will respond promptly.
About Elizabeth, New Jersey
Elizabeth is the largest city in Union County, New Jersey, and had an estimated population of 130,215 as of 2017. While Elizabeth was originally settled by the British, Elizabeth was not named for Queen Elizabeth but was named for the wife of Sir George Carteret, one of the original property owners in New Jersey’s colonial days. Elizabeth, then known as “Elizabethtown”, was actually the original capital of New Jersey and has more recently been named as one of the 50th Greenest Cities in the U.S. by Popular Science magazine.
Today, Elizabeth is divided into several unique districts, including the Midtown commercial district, Bayway (which is home to a robust Polish community), the Downtown port area, and the Elmora and Elmora Hills neighborhoods, which house some of Elizabeth’s best restaurants.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Cases in Elizabeth, NJ
Every formal personal injury lawsuit begins with filing an initial complaint with the courts. This document will include information such as the name of the responsible party (the defendant), when the accident occurred and how the defendant’s actions or omissions caused the accident. We will also file a case information statement with the complaint that helps the courts keep track of your case. The complaint will be served upon the defendant, who will then have an opportunity to file a document known as the “answer” to the complaint. From this point, the case will usually proceed to the discovery phase, where we gather evidence necessary to argue your case before a judge and jury.
While accepting workers’ compensation benefits in New Jersey precludes your right to bring a traditional personal injury lawsuit against your employer, our experienced lawyers can evaluate your case to determine whether a third party also contributed to the accident. Workplace accidents often involve situations where the employer was not the only negligent party. We can also help you with your worker’s compensation claim itself.