New Jersey Wage & Hour Violations Attorneys – NJ Employment Lawyers
Fighting Unpaid Overtime and Other Labor Law Violations in Edison, Brick, Freehold & Throughout NJ.
If your employer has pressured you to work off the clock, refused to pay overtime or denied you mandatory work breaks, you and your co-workers may have grounds for a lawsuit to collect back pay and penalties. The law firm of Lombardi and Lombardi has prevailed in a number of class actions for wage and hour violations on behalf of employee groups in Central New Jersey.
To discover whether your case has legal merit, call today to arrange a free initial consultation. We have offices in Edison, Brick and Freehold, and we represent clients in Middlesex County, Union County, Monmouth County and Ocean County.
Wage and Hour Violations
Attorney Scott Telson brings 25 years of experience in employment law and labor law. He has successfully sued major corporations such as Wal-Mart and FedEx in class actions. Under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act, he works to ensure that workers are fairly compensated for wage and hour violations such as:
- Off-clock work — Requiring workers to perform unpaid prep work before their “official” shift, or making them clean up or perform other duties after punching out
- Donning and doffing — Failing to pay workers for the additional time to put on and remove protective gear required for the job
- Failure to pay overtime (time and a half)
- Miscalculations of pay or overtime
- Requiring workers to work through lunch breaks
- Requiring workers to punch out for paid breaks
- Refusing mandatory meal or rest breaks
Employers can be held liable for each instance of a denied break or off-clock work, which requires compensation for a full hour’s pay plus penalties. When these violations have been systematic over time, it can add up to a substantial amount.
Contact Lombardi and Lombardi today to discuss a possible wage and hour violation. Our lawyers provide a free case evaluation, including evenings or weekends by appointment.
Our Practice Areas
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Bike/Pedestrian Accidents
- Boating and Recreational Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Causes of Truck Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Highway Accidents
- How New Jersey No-Fault Insurance Works
- Intersection Accidents
- Left Turn Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Worker's Comp
- Medical Malpractice
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Defense
- Employment Law
- Municipal Traffic Violations